Hi, there. I’m Vincent Hwang (黃柏文). I’m currently a PhD student supervised by Peter Schwabe (樂岩) at Max Planck Institute for Security and Privacy. Currently, I’m learning how to verify assembly-optimized implementations of post-quantum cryptosystems. Before joining the PhD program, I obtained my master’s degree under the supervision of Yen-Huan Li (李彥寰). I mostly worked with Bo-Yin Yang (楊柏因). In particular, I was (and am) focusing on implementing number-theoretic transforms used in the lattice-based cryptosystems Dilithium, Kyber, NTRU, NTRU Prime, and Saber. My master thesis focuses on the following platforms:
- NTRU Prime
You can find the details here.
I started studying assembly implementations of lattice-based cryptosystems when Bo-Yin Yang taught the course Post-Quantum Cryptography at National Taiwan University during the last two years of my undergraduate study. While I was an undergraduate, I spent most of the time on Theoretical Computer Science, in particular, graph algorithms and generalizations of sorting problems.
- Email: email@example.com.
- Implementing number-theoretic transforms with Armv7-M, Armv7E-M, and Armv8-A.
- Algorithmic partial order problems.
- Graph algorithms.
- Artifact Review Committee of CHES 2023
- Google Scholar
- Verified NTT Multiplications for NISTPQC KEM Lattice Finalists: Kyber, SABER, and NTRU.
- Vincent Hwang, Jiaxiang Liu, Gregor Seiler, Xiaomu Shi, Ming-Hsien Tsai, Bow-Yaw Wang, and Bo-Yin Yang.
- TCHES 2022 paper talk by Bo-Yin Yang slide code
- Multi-Parameter Support with NTTs for NTRU and NTRU Prime on Cortex-M4.
- Erdem Alkim, Vincent Hwang, and Bo-Yin Yang.
- TCHES 2022 paper talk by myself slide code ePrint
- Efficient Multiplication of Somewhat Small Integers using Number-Theoretic Transforms (Best Paper Award).
- Hanno Becker, Vincent Hwang, Matthias J. Kannwischer, Lorenz Panny, and Bo-Yin Yang.
- IWSEC 2022 paper slide code ePrint.
- Faster Kyber and Dilithium on the Cortex-M4.
- Amin Abdulrahman, Vincent Hwang, Matthias J. Kannwischer, and Daan Sprenkels.
- ACNS 2022 paper code ePrint.
- Multi-moduli NTTs for Saber on Cortex-M3 and Cortex-M4.
- Amin Abdulrahman, Jiun-Peng Chen, Yu-Jia Chen, Vincent Hwang, Matthias J. Kannwischer, and Bo-Yin Yang.
- TCHES 2022 paper talk by myself slide slide (updated) code ePrint.
- Neon NTT: Faster Dilithium, Kyber, and Saber on Cortex-A72 and Apple M1.
- Hanno Becker, Vincent Hwang, Matthias J. Kannwischer, Bo-Yin Yang, and Shang-Yi Yang.
- TCHES 2022 paper talk by Hanno Becker slide code ePrint.
- NTT Multiplication for NTT-unfriendly Rings.
- Chi-Ming Marvin Chung, Vincent Hwang, Matthias J. Kannwischer, Gregor Seiler, Cheng-Jhih Shih, and Bo-Yin Yang.
- TCHES 2021 paper talk slide code ePrint.
- Polynomial Multiplication in NTRU Prime.